Thursday, April 2, 2009

Choosing an auspicious date for my wedding

I’m engaged! Now, I’ve decided to tie a knot. The very first thing to do is choosing an auspicious date for my wedding. As my bf and I know that both our family are not very superstitious, therefore we decided to choose the wedding date on our own without consulting any chinese master. 20.09.2009 is the date! I love the date so much “20092009”. It is unique and easy to remember.

I thought that’s going to be my wedding date. Oh no! I need to postpone. 20.09.2009 is our national public holiday - Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Both parents will be busy in the “fasting” month and would have no time to help us in our preparation. Hence, we need to postpone our wedding date. I have no idea when should our wedding date postpone to, so do my bf. My bf decided to get a consultant to help us in choosing the auspicious date for our wedding. But we have no idea on how or who to consult. After some research, I found out that there are a few ways in choosing an auspicious date such as consulting:-
- a chinese monk; or
- a fortune teller.

or searching on your own using:-
- chinese calendar; or
- chinese almanac.

About a week later, my bf and I discussed about getting a consultant with my family members. My mom told us that she went to a very famous “fortune teller” to choose the date for her. My bf and I, thought of getting the same “fortune teller”, seeing my mother has a very happy family. My mom asked us to write down our date and time of birth in a paper as that are the basic information the “fortune teller” needs. Can’t wait to know when will be the selected date. Wait… Wait… and Wait….

No comments:

Post a Comment